Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inspiration On a Wednesday

Jenny Lyons, the creative director at J. Crew, her taste is impeccable in both clothing & interiors. I've been watching this NY Brownstone that she shares with her husband and little boy since I first saw it in the Nov '08 Domino issue, and I was elated to see a more detailed glimpse of it in the September '09 issue of Living Etc. I have both issuses saved and look at them for inspration every so often. She has a knack for combining classic traditional pieces with unexpected twists to create an graceful, yet totally livable style

So if you ever see hints of this in my house don't be surprised. I can't wait to have another nursery/child's room to stylize.

2 comments:

  1. I want to kidnap their house, that striped ceiling is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! The striped ceiling will happen someday for me and it just so happens that Bret is an expert at painting them. You should see his guest room!! Let's just say grey and purple with a whole wall of tackable cork board.

    ReplyDelete