Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Happy Accident"

Bright eyes, Conor Oberst, or whatever he goes by these days is from Omaha, as we all know. But for me I'm not an original crop from this city, I'm a transplant. So his music was introduced to me more inland from the river and his genius music was always the songs I connected to during my college career. He became Hollywood or an alien, someone who existed but just not on my planet. Now that I live in Omaha I live very close to Fairachres which somewhere in that amazing layer of homes is his mid-western home. I drive through that neighborhood everyday and about 2 or 3 days ago, there he was (about 3 blocks from my son's school) taking a walk. A WALK! Do aliens take walks??? Well he is human after all and he is an Omaha Original so my inner fangirl had to play it cool because I'm too old to go chasing him down the street screaming "I just want to talk for a minute, I'm not crazy!!!" But inside, I couldn't believe this Happy Accident. It's the thought that counts, he knows I'm a fan because I own all of his albums, and that's where my fangirl can go crazy behind closed doors when I hear new bright eyes music.....
Song Of the Day "Bright Eyes-Happy Accident"

No comments:

Post a Comment