Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Lacking

Watch movies that disturb you. Remember that movie, Thirteen?? It made you feel terrible about Youth, rebellion and teenage girls in general? As a mom watching that film I thought "Gosh I'm glad I'm raising a boy" However, I'm sure I'll have a whole different playing field of youth and rebellion once my little dude is a teenager. Do you think a trip to Disney world in the next few years could change that? hahaha. I mean come on all the innocence in the world exist in the magical kingdom, and I'm joking! But as a mom this movie really made me think of how important it is to get in good with my kid on a respect level so that if he crosses over into rebellion he can come to me with issues instead of hiding them out of shame. SOOOOOOOOOOo with that being said, I'm going to embark on another disturbing adolescence movie this weekend. Fish Tank.



It'll scare the crap out of me knowing this is the world my child will face (its a movie and dramatized but this stuff really happens) and it should bring me down a few levels from my sheltered mid-western life. Big gulp and I'll report my take on this movie soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment