Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Matta Clarking.

The American artist Gordon Matta-Clark (June 22, 1943-August 27, 1978) has alway been on my list of favorites, so today is for him here on Sequel. He was best known for his site specific work like "building cuts" or just any work done in abandon buildings where he would pick and choose things to cut out: like floors, stairs, ceilings, or walls. Let's talk work of his:
Splitting, A W-Hole House
Bronx Floors
Bingo
End of Days

Conical Intersect for the 1975 Paris Biennale

When I did my Senior show for college, he was my inspiration behind my presentation. I built a door way out of scrape pieces of wood, metal or even spray paint. I displayed it as a symbol of the work I've done in college but walking through the doorway into the next venture of my career. I will have to go home and search for a picture of my senior show.....watch for that. It was awesome. (Just sayin')

Anyway, that's all the time I have today, folks. And I leave you with this Cheap Trick: I want you to want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment