Friday, September 3, 2010

Dinosaur Songs

I was given a challenge on Facebook to list 15 albums that I've heard that will always stick with me in 15 minutes.....I’ve named this list my dinosaur list. {all the songs from some of my most memorable times} Being the complete nerd that I am and knowing my over analyze self, I knew I needed to play by the rules. Becasue I realized the possibilities that lie ahead, I could feel myself going nuts. {So many to name, so many} So I set my stop watch via iPhone for 15minutes and here is my list. {I say this needs a few bonus tracks, I left out so many} My Dinosaur Songs that bring back lots of old friends and old times....Enjoy!

1. Alkaline Trio- "Maybe I'll Catch Fire"
2. Bright Eyes- "Letting Off the Happiness"
3. Modest Mouse- "Lonesome Crowded West"
4. Emily Haines- "Knifes Don't Have Your Back"
5. Sage Francis- "A Healthy Distrust"
6. Mates of State- "My solo Project"
7. Saves the Day- "Through Being Cool"
8. Cursive- "Ugly Organ"
9. Rise Against- "Siren Song of the Counter Culture"
10. Motion City Soundtrack- "Commit this to memory"
11. Transit War- "¡Ah Discordia!"
12 Against Me- "Reinventing Axl Rose"
13 Menomena- "Friend and Foe"
14. Bon Iver- "for Emma"
15 Radiohead "The Bends"


So I put my favorite songs from those albums to a mix. these are the songs that made me follow these bands. I LOVE this mix {sorry TTW, I couldn't find Kerosene to add to the list but click on the link, this is my ALL time fav song of theirs)



I could go on and on about these bands, these albums and the time in my life when they punched me in the face {because that is when music is at it's best, when it brings you to new realizations or the greatest moment in your life} But seriously, it's Friday and we are all getting ready to go enjoy the 3 day weekend. So I'll leave you with one question - What is your 15?

No comments:

Post a Comment