Wednesday, August 11, 2010

file it under: SEEN IT

well, I finally went to see Cyrus. remember, my whole rant on why i don't go to the movies i want to see? Finally got around to Filmstreams showing of the film and I can't tell you how relieved i am that i a) finally saw the movie and b) one without my little mister. Every single darn actor in that movie was good. I love how Jonah Hill is taking his career in different places other than Super Bad. If you like movies that make you really uncomfortable, but in a way that still makes you laugh, you'll love this. I know Bret sat next to me with a look of "eeeeee" the whole time because he was just embarrassed for the characters.
I loved seeing John C. Reilly in a movie like this again, remember his P.T. Anderson movie days (this, this and this). He's awesome and very shrek like. Last but not least, Marisa Tomei, she's nails.....



BUT with all that said, I'm a single mom of a boy so there were points in this movie where I had to have a "come to jesus" (if you will) with myself. I'm super close with my son and I have to make darn sure he doen't grow up to be a sissy-sissy la-la, ya know? go see the movie, then we'll talk.....

No comments:

Post a Comment