Friday, April 30, 2010

Old Fashion

Writing Letters. And I need to see more of these in my mail box from my grandpa. Always a day maker. We could become pen pals and chose topics like "you're great", "you're not so great" and "OMGOSH, I saw this one airplane today" My Grandpa is a pilot. Once a career, then a passion and now something that gets him in trouble with his doctor because he just can't stay away. He loves to re-build mistreated planes and sell them to other pilots. Pretty Cool? I've always thought so. In my childhood days, we'd fly everywhere, driving was never an option. Grandpa would always do the math in hours car vs. plane to help calm my nerves while flying. (I was a bit hesitant of the turbulence thing, made me feel like we were gonna die for sure) But he always got us to our destination. He's the smartest man I know and he can tell you the name of the airplane just by the sound it makes flying overhead :) My favorite memory....They would come to visit (grandma & Grandpa) and when they'd leave we (mom, Kyra and I) would wait on the hood of the car for them to take off and he'd come back around and wave at us with the wings of the plane. Growing up I bragged about that.....

So I need to go buy some fancy stationary and start this pen pal epidemic with my grandpa. Accepting ideas. Expecting results.

Song of the Day: (my grandpa's fav) Louis Armstrong-What a Wonderful World

No comments:

Post a Comment